One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. ~Virginia Woolf



Friday, April 9, 2010

Food Storage Friday / Mom's Peanut Butter Granola

This is a feel good comfort food, as it is something my mom made for my bros and me growing up.  Y.U.M.


I double this recipe for my family of 8


2 T canola oil
1/2 C chunky peanut butter
Mix together then add:


1/3 C packed brown sugar


Then Add
3 C oats to the peanut butter mixture. (I add 3 C oats and 3 C Rice Krispies)


Cut it in until the peanut butter mixture is all broken up and has a mix of oats with it...these chunks are the best part.


Spread onto baking sheet. (I use two sheet cake pans for my double batch). Bake at 300* stirring maybe once, and bake for 15 to 20 mins or until lightly browned. Remove from oven and add raisins or craisins...serve with milk.


KID APPROVED!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...