One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well. ~Virginia Woolf



Friday, January 8, 2010

Food Storage Friday/ Baked Fruity Oatmeal


From Taste of Home:

3 C quick-cooking oats (regular works fine)
1 C packed brown sugar
2 teaspoons baking pdr
1 t salt
1/2 t ground cinnamon
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 C milk (I used 1/8 C powdered w/ 1 C water)
1 cube butter (I used a 1/2 cube, you could omit it completely and it would be fine.)
3/4 C chopped peeled tart apple (I used dried apples)
1/3 chopped fresh or frozen peaches (I used canned, add even more peaches)
1/3 C fresh or frozen blueberries (used raspberries and boysenberries)
Additional milk, optional...I highly suggest it.

Combine all the dry and add the wet. Pour in a greased 8 inch sq. baking dish, uncovered, at 350* for 35-40 mins. or in the microwave for 15-20 mins, or until the center is firm. Put it in a bowl and serve with milk, I added a bit of nutmeg to the top.....yum. yeilds 9 servings.

Kid Approved!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...